We are seeking a Machine Tool Fitter for the manufacture of machine tool spindles. The role will involve the assembly of precision spindles to our exacting standards, liasing with the company directors and carrying out duties in a professional and timley manner, representing Spindle Services when on customer premises.
Competitive hourly rate and the hours of work are 39 hours per week. Working hours are:
- Start Time: 07.30 hrs Finish Time: 16.30 hrs Monday - Thursday
- Friday 07.30 hrs - 12.00 hrs
- Lunch: 12.30 hrs - 13.00 hrs (Must be taken except in exceptional circumstances)
- Breaks: Morning 10.00 hrs - 10.15 hrs and afternoon 15.00 hrs - 15.10 hrs
- 3 minutes for wash up
- The company does not currently provide beverages
- Lunch break is excluded from the working hours
- Morning and afternoon breaks are included in the working hours
- The successful applicant will have a 'can-do' attitude and will not be afraid to help out with various tasks around the factory as and when required.
The main duties of the Machine Tool Fitter are:
- Assembly of Precison Spindles to Spindle Services Standards
- Tear Down for Reconditioning
- Reports and assessments for rectification
- Cleaning and preparation of parts for build
- Marshalling of Parts
- Identification of parts shortages and informing production accordingly
- Inspection of components prior to build. Inspection of parts orders only
- Inspection of completed product prior to shippin
- Compilation of Inspection Reports and Run Tests of Precision Spindles
- Suitable Packaging of Product for Shipping
- To Maintain a Good Level of Housekeeping
- Problem solve within the team and independently
- Service work at Customers site as required. The majority of this is in the UK, however please ensure that you have a valid passport in case of any overseas work
- Other Tasks as specified by Supervisors/ Directors.
Salary: Spindle Services offers a competitive salary, dependent on experience.
Holidays: Holiday entitlement is 33 days per year, including statutory days.
Clothing: The company will provide overalls, safety glasses and safety shoes for all machine operatives and fitters.
Sickness: In the event of sickness, notify a foreman or director before 10.00 hrs. Payment for periods of absence due to authorised sickness will be made in accordance with the current legislative Statutory Sick Pay Scheme (SSP).
Pension: Spindle Services offers a company pension scheme in line with its statutory obligation, which comes into effect after the probationary period.
If you enjoy working in a busy, precision engineering environment and believe you are suitable for any of our roles, please email your CV to email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)24 7663 7771
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you're looking for someone to design and manufacture your spindle to exacting quality standards, please contact us today to discuss your requirements. We'll be happy to talk to you about the wide range of tailored services we can offer, make suggestions and provide you with an extremely competitive quote.